Another tasty, vegetarian AND gluten-free recipe featuring Nature’s Path® Gluten-Free Whole O’s. Yes, the cereal can be used to make a delightful spinach and feta pie, a light dinner choice paired with a freshly tossed salad. Heavenly!
Gluten-Free Spinach and Feta Pie
- 1 1/2 c. Nature’s Path Gluten-Free Whole O’s
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbs. olive oil, plus more for preparing pie plate
- 4 large eggs or egg replacer
- 1/2 cup dairy or plain soy milk
- 4 oz feta, crumbled (1 loose cup)
- 1 tsp. dried mint
- 20-oz package frozen cut spinach leaves, defrosted
- Set rack in center and preheat oven to 350F. Brush a 9- or 10-inch pie plate lightly with oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the Whole O’s, oregano, and salt into a coarse flour. With motor running, pour oil through feed tube and process until flour is evenly coated. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In processor, blend eggs, milk, feta, and mint. Squeeze clumps of spinach very hard to release all excess liquid. Add to processor and pulse a few times to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie plate. Distribute Whole O’s mixture on top.
- Bake until center of pie is firm to the touch and top is browned, about 30 minutes. Let rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before slicing.
This recipe was created especially for Nature’s Path® by Lorna Sass, the award-winning cookbook author of Whole Grains, Every Day, Every Way and Whole Grains for Busy People.
*Image and recipe provided by Nature’s Path®.*