http://tinygreenmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/logo-sm.png 0 0 Tiny Green Mom http://tinygreenmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/logo-sm.png Tiny Green Mom2011-01-01 05:00:202010-12-28 19:05:04Make Vegetarian Soups and Stews Even Healthier
Make Vegetarian Soups and Stews Even Healthier
- Replace butter (a saturated fat) with a small-amount of olive or sunflower oil (unsaturated)
- Replace cream with fat-free plain yogurt or evaporated skim milk. You can also use pureed potato to thicken soups instead of cream.
- Replace 1 one egg in a soup recipe with two egg whites or ¼ c. low-cholesterol egg replacement.
- Replace sour cream with this recipe: mix together ½ C. cottage cheese with ½ tsp. lemon juice.
- Garnish soup with fresh chopped herbs instead of cheese, or use a small amount of skim-milk cheese.
*Tips courtesy of FaveDiets.com. Image courtesy of semarr.*