http://tinygreenmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/logo-sm.png 0 0 Tiny Green Mom http://tinygreenmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/logo-sm.png Tiny Green Mom2011-04-04 05:00:032011-04-03 18:38:01Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese Crostini
Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup green or black lentils
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) baguette slices (from about half a baguette)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, trimmed and halved
- 1 bunch frisée or curly endive
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Dijon Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 ounces chèvre (fresh goat cheese)
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the lentils and measured salt, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the lentils are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain through a fine-mesh strainer and transfer to a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into paper-thin slices and place in the bowl with the lentils; set aside.
- Trim the frisée or endive by using a knife or scissors to remove any dark green leaves (use only the white and light green parts). Cut the head in half crosswise, then cut off and discard the stem end. Pull apart the remaining leaves, wash, and dry thoroughly. Add to the bowl of lentils and fennel. Add the tomatoes, vinaigrette, and parsley, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Spread the goat cheese on the toasted baguette slices and serve with the salad.
*Recipe and image courtesy of CHOW.com.*