Let’s face it. Fashion is important and most of us love to shop. However, it’s equally important to help the earth. The good news is that you can help your environment, even in your stiletto heels. The fashion industry continues to change its practices as consumers make sure that their styles are eco-friendly. As a consumer, you have the option to impact the planet by what you choose to purchase. Also shopping for hot deals and bargains will not only save you time and energy, but it will help you to be more frugal.
You may already have your green dress, pants, or even a top, but all you are missing are the accessories. The good news is that eco-friendly fashion trends are here to stay, and along with trends there are amazing green sites to explore. Here are some fantastic accessories and eco-friendly fashion sites that will make the fashionista in you happy that you can save the world while living in style at the same time.
1. The designer Beth Springer presents a mini messenger bag that has delightful pockets on the outside of the Italian leather bag. The adjustable shoulder strap is made from vegetable dyed Italian latigo leather. This cross body bag is perfect for trips – keep your wallet and other valuable fashion items safe.
2. Gorgeous and earthy, this silver leaf pendant is made with an ethically sourced sapphire. The sterling silver leaf shaped pendant is elegant and also hangs from a delicate sterling silver cable chain. Snatching up this necklace to add to your green outfit will automatically make your day happier.
3. Need some flip flops to wear with your new capris and tee during the summer time? Women’s Flippee Microperf flip flops are vegan shoes! No animal products or byproducts were used at all. In addition, the foot form inserts are made of post consumer recycled paper and water based glue is used to hold the shoe together. To add to the eco-friendly nature of these adorable flip flops, the sole of shoes are biodegradable. These shoes are definitely sole-filled with love for the earth and your feet!
4. Understanding a mom, there’s no doubt that you also want fashionable accessories for your tots. The Toddler Doodle shoes are made with washable suede and the soft linings of the shoe are made of certified organic cotton. Also, the soles are made of natural and recycled non marking rubber. Plus, is your little one learning to tie his or her shoes? The elastic laces are made from recycled PET and natural latex with a user friendly pull toggle to boot, literally.
5. Another “soleful” eco-friendly fashion accessory, Yellow Heeled Vegan Shoe Boots knows how to take our breath away with their yellow pumps and stylish buckle. Wear these heals with some black leggings, pants, or even a pair of skinny jeans to make a statement!
6. A soft and elegant make-up bag is what every girl desires to own. This Fair Trade Print Make-Up Purse has a waterproof liner, two separate zipped compartments, and an integral mirror. Carry this purse in your larger handbag or keep it at home to gaze at when refreshing your makeup.
7. By now we all know that Etsy has multiple sellers who offer eco-friendly products to purchase. Begin your green search by visiting giantdwarf’s shop, where you will find adorable and colorful Fleurette Cloches. Crafted from a collection of pristine recycled sweaters and vibrantly colored fancy felt, you will feel like an eco-diva in no time flat.
As you can see there are numerous fashion filled and eco-friendly sites that offer fashion accessories. By taking the time to fill your wardrobe with eco-friendly accessories, you’ll feel better about your purchases knowing that you have made a difference. Sustainable accessories support fashion, but they also support the earth.
About the Author
An ocean dreamer at heart and in real life, Sierra Greenman thrives on visiting and living near the beach and could never imagine herself anywhere else. She recently ventured out into the freelance world and now is a Freelance Writer and Social Media Specialist and absolutely loves it. Writing about fashion and style are one of her many passions. You can also find Sierra at her blog Ocean Dreams and follow her on Twitter @oceandreams4u. She also is a featured fashion blogger for JoeShopping.com.