This simple hash cooks up quickly on busy mornings! Served with scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, and fruit, it makes a gorgeous brunch option, as well!
Potato, Corn and Caramelized Two-Onion Hash
4 Dr. Praeger’s Potato Pancakes, cooked according to package directions.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped (about 2 ½ cups)
1 bunch scallions, whites and greens separated, thinly sliced
2 large ears corn. Kernels cut from cob (about 2 cups) or one 10 oz. box frozen corn, defrosted
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon dried chili flakes
1. Dice cooked Dr. Praeger’s Potato Pancakes into ½-inch squares and reserve.
2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add onions and scallion whites and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Add corn and cook until tender and slightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
5. Add diced pancakes, scallion greens, salt, pepper and chili flakes and cook until pancakes are warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 (1 serving = 1 cup hash)
*Recipe and image courtesy of Dr. Praeger’s.*