Love Crunch Strawberry Cheesecake
Make this for your sweetie on Valentine’s Day – heart-healthy, filled with spices and topped lovingly with fresh strawberries, what better way to say “I love you!”
Love Crunch Cheesecake
1 3/4 cup Love Crunch cereal
• 1/2 cup Smart Bran cereal
• 1 tbsp. dark cocoa powder
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
• 1/2 cup greek yogurt, strawberry
• 4 oz. farmers cheese, room temperature
• 8 oz. low fat cream cheese
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
• 2 tbps. whole wheat flour
• 2 cups pureed fresh strawberries
• 1 cup Love Crunch cereal
• 12 fresh strawberries
• Fresh mint sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Combine cereals and cocoa in blender, process until blended to fine crumbs. Reserve 1/4 cup of crumbs.
3. Return reserved 1/4 cup of crumbs to blender and grind to fine powder. Set aside for garnish when cake is completed.
4. Make the crust: Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Press into bottom of 9” springform or cake pan and set aside.
5. Make the cake: Combine yogurt, farmer’s cheese and cream cheese in a large bowl. With electric mixer, completely beat in sugar. Beat in vanilla, spices and flour. Stir in pureed strawberries. Pour into pan.
6. Bake for about 1½ hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let stand 30 minutes.
8. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
9. Dust entire top of cake with reserved finely ground cereal and sprinkle Love Crunch cereal around the edges.
10. Fan sliced strawberries in center of cake and place whole strawberry in the middle. Garnish with whole and sliced strawberries and mint sprigs