Celebrate American Heart Health Month with a deliciously easy recipe for Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake, courtesy of the Elm Cottage Bed & Breakfast!
Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
1/2 cup raisins
3 cups brown rice flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp cocoa
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup Canola oil
1-1/4 cups brown sugar
Egg replacer equivalent to two eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups soy yogurt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Soak raisins in hot water for 1/2 hour, then drain.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa, and walnuts.
3. In separate bowl cream oil, brown sugar, egg replacer, vanilla, soy yogurt and lemon juice.
4. Fold in dry ingredients and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
5. Pour into an oiled 9 inch cake pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-45 minutes
*Recipe and image courtesy of both BNBFinder.com and Elm Cottage Bed & Breakfast.*