It’s easy to get your recommended servings of veggies and fruits per day during National Nutrition Month with this smoothie-licious cookbook by Britt Allen Brandon! Serving up a quick, healthy way to consume fruits and vegetables every day, What Color is Your Smoothie? From Red Berry Roundup to Super Smart Purple Tart—300 Recipes for Vibrant Health offers exciting combinations that are delightfully simple to whip up!
Inside this new cookbook readers will find delicious, easy-to-make recipes such as:
• Strawberry Guava Smoothie—bright red guava is packed with vitamins A and C. It also contains heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and belly-filling fiber
• Clever Carrots with Spice—orange carrots are full of beta-carotene which prevents cancer, arthritis, and cardiovascular disease
• Pineapple Banana Cream—yellow bananas are rich with carotenoids which can decrease the likelihood of lung cancer
• Spicy Spinach Smoothie—dark green veggies contain phytochemicals which can protect our eyes by keeping your retina strong
• Blueberry Blast Smoothie—blue and purple foods contain flavonoids which help prevent short-term memory loss
“Mom” and her daughter start their day every morning with a peanut butter and “jelly” smoothie, so this new cookbook is definitely shaking things up in the kitchen! Organized by color, it is easy to find one that includes a fruit or vegetable you are wishing to enjoy that day! One of the recipes that looks intriguing for breakfast is the Wake Up and Smell the Smoothie!
Wake Up and Smell the Smoothie
2 oranges, peeled and deseeded
2 bananas, peeled
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 cup ice
1. In a blender, combine the oranges, bananas, and 1 cup coconut milk with 1/2 cup ice, and blend until thoroughly combined.
2. While blending, add remaining coconut milk and ice until desired consistency is achieved.
What Color is Your Smoothie? From Red Berry Roundup to Super Smart Purple Tart—300 Recipes for Vibrant Health (Adams Media, a division of F+W Media, Inc.; March 2012) by Britt Allen Brandon, CFNS, CPT, with Nicole Cormier, RD, LDN can be ordered online at Adams Media Store.
*Company generously provided a review copy and image for this piece.*