Creamless Corn with Cilantro and Lime and Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt
By Michael Symon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (“Mom” prefers organic)
1 small yellow onion, minced (1 cup)
1 large clove garlic, minced (½ teaspoon)
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (1½ tablespoon)
3 cups fresh sweet corn cut off the cob (about 4 ears)
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Zest of ½ lime
3 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
½ cup whole milk
½ cup Dannon Oikos Traditional Greek Yogurt (or nonfat Plain)
1. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Add the butter along with the onion, garlic and jalapeno and a good pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, until the onions
begin to soften and you start to smell the garlic.
3. Add the corn and continue cooking for 10 minutes, adding more salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
4. Stir in the cayenne then lower the heat to medium low.
5. Stir in the milk and the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt and mix to combine.
6. Add the lime zest and cilantro and serve!
YIELD 4 servings.
OIKOS® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF STONYFIELD FARM AND USED UNDER LICENSE BY THE DANNON COMPANY, INC.
*Recipe created by Michael Symon for Dannon OIKOS®.*