To kickoff a healthy, back to school season, this recipe is perfect for busy fall schedules, when parents only have a short amount of time to prepare a nutritious meal for their family. Not only healthy, the lean beef in this recipe is packed full of protein, fueling an active lifestyle.
1 lb Laura’s 96% Lean Ground Round
2 2⁄3 clv garlic (minced)
1 1⁄3 t dried Italian seasoning
2⁄3 small onion (chopped)
2⁄3 small green pepper (chopped)
2⁄3 pk (8-ounce) sliced fresh mushrooms
1 1⁄3 (12-inch) refrigerated pizza crust (“Mom” prefers making a homemade crust)
1 c marinara or pizza sauce
1⁄3 c chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1 pk (8-ounce) shredded reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
Crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Cook beef, garlic and Italian seasoning in a nonstick skillet about 5 minutes or until browned; drain and remove from skillet.
2. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; sauté 2 minutes or until slightly tender.
3. Add mushrooms and sauté 1 minute more.
4. Spread crust with sauce; top with beef, onion, bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and cheese.
5. Bake at 450 F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if desired.
Cooking Tip: For a time saver, use kitchen shears to chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
*Recipe and image courtesy of Laura’s Lean Beef.*