When the weather is warm, a cool, crisp ceviche is the perfect dish for an outdoor bbq or dinner party! This unique and delicious Orange & Shrimp Ceviche recipe was created by celebrity nutritionist, Tanya Zuckerbrot. The ceviche features ZICO Coconut Water’s newest flavor, ZICO Orange Chilled Juice Blend, which combines the taste of fresh orange juice with all the hydration benefits of coconut water.
Orange & Shrimp Ceviche
By Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS, RD, ZICO brand ambassador and creator of the renowned F-Factor Diet
• ½ cup ZICO Chilled Orange Juice Blend
• 1 large tomato, halved and seeds removed
• 2 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeds removed
• ½ yellow onion, peeled
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 lb medium shrimp, deveined, peeled and
• ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
• ¼ cup tomato juice
• kosher salt, to taste
• tabasco sauce, to taste
• 1 large navel orange cut into segments with
• ½ cup red onion, sliced paper thing
• ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
3. Place the tomato, jalapenos, bell pepper and onion into a bowl and toss with olive oil.
4. Place the oil covered vegetables onto baking tray cut sides down.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, then stir, then bake for another 10 minutes, or until vegetables are charred. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
6. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil and add shrimp and blanch for 1-2 minute or until lightly pink.
*Recipe and image courtesy of Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS, RD, ZICO brand ambassador and creator of the renowned F-Factor Diet.*