Heeding five hints, however, can help you celebrate a happy holiday season with family, friends and feeling good about yourself.
1. Focus on fun. Holidays often revolve around food and spending time with your loved ones. This year, try a new activity that the entire family will enjoy. Step outside the box and create great memories you’ll have forever.
2. Motivate now. Don’t wait for the New Year to get started on your resolutions. Try integrating best practices into your life today. Aim to take a daily walk or eat vegetables with every meal.
3. Indulge in moderation. No need to skip your favorite seasonal foods. You can still enjoy all the delicious holiday treats without the guilt by planning your portion size and sticking to it.
4. Sip seasonal. Holiday beverages can be delicious and festive. Try a glass of R.W. Knudsen Family® Cider and Spice, made with 100 percent juice from ripe, whole apples and naturally flavored with allspice, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel and orange peel.
Hot Mulled Cider
4 cups R.W. Knudsen Family® Cider & Spice
1 cinnamon stick
1 orange (peeled and sliced)
6 slices fresh ginger (peeled about ¼ inch thick)
Additional cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes. Strain mixture. Divide warm liquid among individual mugs and garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired.
Serve and enjoy.
5. Enjoy simple things. Using R.W. Knudsen Family® Just Juice® can be the key to creating simple salad dressings, reduction sauces and marinades. R.W. Knudsen Family® believes great juice is the result of great fruit—so for more than 50 years, it’s produced quality juice products, including more than 100 types of natural and organic fruit and vegetable juices, carbonated fruit beverages and specialty items.
For facts and recipe ideas, see www.rwknudsenfamily.com and www.facebook.com/RWKnudsen.