This Olive Oil Granola recipe comes from the award-winning bakery & cafe Floriole in Chicago. It is light on sugar, heavy on nutrients and chock full of flavor, making it the perfect way to start your day or enjoying as a healthy afternoon snack!
Floriole’s Olive Oil Granola
3 c. rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
1 c. pumpkin seeds (a.k.a. pepitas)
¼ c. flax seed
¾ c. grade B maple syrup
½ c. olive oil (if your olive oil has a strong flavor, use ¼ c. olive oil and ¼ c. neutral oil like grapeseed or sunflower)
¾ tsp. fine sea salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ c. dried cherries
¼ c. chopped dates
¾ c. toasted pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or oiled parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for cherries, and dates. Mix until homogenous.
3. Spread mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and stir. Bake 20 minutes more and stir again.
5. Let the granola cool for 20 minutes. Scrape into a large bowl. When it’s cooled completely, add cherries, pecans and chopped dates. Store in a sealed container in a cool, dry place for up to a month.
*Recipe and image courtesy of Floriole.*