“Mom” at Tiny Green Mom just adores anything in miniature! These oh-so-cute and super healthy mini-muffins from Kiwi Magazine are sure to be hit with the whole family! Filled with extra fibrous goodies, such as ground flaxseed, whole-wheat flour and pumpkin, this is a fabulous way to sneak in your recommended daily serving of fiber! Top 5 Fiber-Rich Foods
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup 1% lowfat milk or ½ soymilk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 24 mini muffin cups with oil or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the two flours, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla, and stir until well mixed.
4. Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 to 18 minutes (if you’re making 12 full-size muffins, bake for 20 to 23 minutes), until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool 5 minutes before removing the muffins.
This delicious recipe and many others can be found on Kiwi Magazine\’s website.