A feeling of the Hawaiian Islands drifts over you as you enjoy this tangy salad from Kiwi Magazine, that is loaded with a delightful mix of fresh fruits that includes bananas, mangoes, kiwis, papayas, and raspberries!
Hawaiian Fruit Salad
By Chef George Kyrtatas
1 mango, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup banana, sliced
3 golden kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
6 cups spring mix, loosely packed
For the vinaigrette:
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups canola oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. For the vinaigrette—whisk together the pineapple juice, cider vinegar, garlic, shallot and salt and pepper.
2. Slowly incorporate the canola oil. Set dressing aside.
3. In a large salad bowl, toss together the mango, papaya, raspberries, banana and macadamia nuts with 1 cup of the vinaigrette.
4. Place the spring mix on a large serving tray and top with the mixed fruit.
5. Drizzle the salad with the extra dressing or serve on the side.
Thanks Kiwi Magazine!