Summertime invokes feelings of sun-drenched days and breezy nights…but for parents, this time of year can also usher in feelings of anxiety or dread as children head outside to play in the backyard or swim in the pool. Awareness, preparation, and vigilance are key in keeping children safe while enjoying themselves poolside this summer. From Sea Sun Solutions Pool Service comes these valuable safety tips to keep in mind as summer approaches.
Swimming Pool Safety Tips
- Make sure you have a clear view of your entire pool while children are swimming. Remove anything that inhibits your view of the pool.
- Remove children from the pool if you must answer the telephone or use the restroom.
- Running around the pool and diving should be avoided at all times.
- Floaties and inflatable’s are not substitutes for supervision.
- No one should ever swim alone regardless of age.
- All pools should have a completely enclosed fence around the pool area to ward off neighborhood kids.
- Safety fences can be installed around the immediate pool perimeter while the pool is not in use.
- Electronic pool alarms can be installed around the pool to sound when someone walks by them.
- Place safety locks on all doors and slider doors at 5 feet or higher to ensure small children cannot open doors on their own.
- All parents should know CPR and basic first aid if you have a pool.
- At the age of 4, have children enrolled in basic swimming lessons to ensure they can stay afloat on their own.
- Practice pool safety tips with your children and remind them that the pool is not a place to horse around.
A BIG thanks to Sea Sun Solutions Pool Service for providing these important pool safety tips!
*Image found on CoolPoolSlide.com.*