Providing your infant with a safe, comfortable and soothing environment for slumber is of the utmost importance as they grow and develop in the first few months after birth! Set the stage for a sound sleep with these helpful hints from the makers of Natural Mat, organic mattresses for babies and children.
Natural Mat Sleep Tips for Baby
- Put baby to sleep on their back. Babies who sleep on their backs are safer.
- Provide a separate but nearby sleeping environment, meaning: babies should share a room with their parents, but not a bed. The risk of SIDS is reduced when the infant sleeps in the same room as the mother.
- Ensure baby is sleeping on a well ventilated mattress such as Natural Mat to allow for baby to regulate their temperature so they remain cool and comfortable through the night.
- Never put a baby to sleep on a couch or a chair. A crib, bassinette or cradle that conforms to the safety standards is recommended.
- Make sure that the only item in the crib is a mattress, covered by a tight-fitting sheet. No bumper pads, blankets or toys.
- Dress the baby in a one-piece sleeper to keep them warm in winter.
- Protect baby from allergies and asthma caused by dust mites with a mattress that is completely anti-dust mite and provides certified allergy protection such as Natural Mat. Make sure the mattress outer cover can be taken off and washed and are not plastic as plastic is not “organic”.
- Make certain baby is sleeping on a mattress that is naturally fire retardant such as Natural Mat which passes all fire regulations without the use of chemical or unnatural treatments in any part of the mattress.
- Keep the room at a temperature that is comfortable for the whole family. But the house should not be too warm.
- Never smoke in a house where an infant or child lives.
About Natural Mat
Natural, organic and green-Natural Mat is the only global natural mattress maker and has been making fiber mattresses for babies and children since 2001. Natural Mat is the original and best choice for baby. Natural Mat’s handmade mattresses are lovingly handcrafted in Devon from organic and sustainable sources of raw materials, all of which are biodegradable and comply with fair trade policies. Even Natural Mat packaging is eco friendly, made from potato starch and a mixture of recyclable and renewable paper sources from the Forestry Stewardship Council. www.naturalmatusa.com