Did you realize that the majority of over-the-counter skin care products out there are full of harmful chemical ingredients? And these chemical ingredients have the potential to absorb into your skin and enter your bloodstream to negatively affect your circulatory system? This is precisely why it is so essential to put thought into not just the way that you care for your skin but the ingredients that you use to keep your skin protected from outside damage.
Here are a few essential tips to keep your skin naturally protected and healthy on a daily basis:
- Read your ingredient labels. This is the most important tip by far since your ingredient labels will tell you what type of chemical ingredients you may or may not be putting on your skin.
As a rule of thumb, look for products that are certified as organic and contain natural ingredients. If you read an ingredient label that sounds similar to a science experiment, put the product down and don’t even think about putting it on your skin!
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. In addition to the natural products that you use each day, drinking water and staying hydrated is a must when it comes to keeping your skin youthful and protected.
Drinking water leaves your skin glowing, fresh, and radiant, and it also works to flush toxins from your body through a process of detoxification. This flushing is highly important since it will purge toxic chemicals from your body so that they do not affect the quality of your skin. Make it a priority to drink a minimum of eight glasses of water per day, if not more.
- Limit the processed foods that you eat. As you probably know by now, you are what you eat. If you are eating a diet full of processed foods that are rich in chemicals and additives, then these ingredients will naturally purge themselves through your skin. This could mean acne, premature wrinkles, a discolored skin tone, or even a dull and lackluster complexion.
- Instead, balance your diet with fresh and whole foods, like vegetables and lean proteins. By eliminating harmful chemicals from your diet, your skin will be able to naturally strengthen and repair itself to look fresh and radiant.
- Always use sun protection. At the very minimum, use a daily SPF of 30 that contains zinc oxide to block the UVA and UVB rays of the sun. You can get UVA sun damage, responsible for aging, even on the cloudiest of days, so wear this SPF religiously each morning before you leave the house.
When you protect your skin from outside sun damage, you will greatly reduce your risk of free radical damage that causes premature fine lines and wrinkles!
About the Author
Bethany Ramos is a professional wedding makeup artist and aesthetician that co-owns her own website, The Coffee Bump. For a great selection of the Bunn Coffee Maker , check out Bethany Ramos’ website today!