By Jasmine Simmons
If you’re like me, you just want winter to be done and over with, so we can put away those heavy winter coats and scarves and start thinking about spring. Until that day comes, I have a few bags that will brighten up any gloomy day. These bags are not only fashionable but they help the environment. It’s time to say no to paper and plastic bags.
- The Shopper Bag CA11 by five Accessories $25, these bags come in three vivid spring colors (orange, blue, and purple). The bags are one of the newer items for the season and are made from recycled mosquito netting and lined with industrial tarp that is also recycled. Using these materials ensure durability. Even though the bags aren’t available until April 1st, the wait will be worth it. www.fiveaccesories.com
- B. happy bags by b. happy bags $16 for solids and $15 for prints. The reusable bags at this website come in unique prints and patterns that will make going shopping more fun and not another tedious chore. The company ships bags all over the country from their base in Phoenix, Arizona. www.bhappybags.com
- The Green Grocer Series by Envirosax $8.95. Not only are their bags are cute, but very strong, they can hold up to forty-four pounds. Instead of having to folding them up and finding space for them, the bags roll up into a small pouch that you can easily through into you bag and have it whenever you need it. www.envirosax.com
- BAGGU by BAGGU standard size bag $8, 3-5 bags for $7.50, 6 or more for $6.50. It’s good to have options when it comes to getting things in different colors to suit whatever mood. BAGGU gives you that option that have bag in subtle patterns such as stripes and dots or in one of the many vibrate colors that they offer. www.baggubag.com
- Reusable Shopping Bag by Ecoist sets of 5 for $38. With the Ecoist bags, each set has its own theme and within that theme, each bag has a different design and all five fit in a convenient pouch.
There is no reason why that we shouldn’t try not to only look fashionable yet functional while going to the grocery store.