These homemade chewy granola bars are filled with lots of healthy goodies, including sesame seeds, rolled oats, brown rice flour, raw honey, and carob chips. They make an excellent “grab and go” snack!
Chewy “Chocolate” Granola Bars
1 cup raw or organic honey
2/3 cup SunButter
2/3 cup rolled oats
7/8 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup carob chips
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1. Combine honey and SunButter in a mixing bowl.
2. Add oats, flour, sesame seeds & cinnamon and stir until smooth.
3. Stir in carob chips.
4. Cover 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
5. Press mixture down firmly into pan.
6. Bake at 350ºF for about 12-15 minutes – edges will begin to brown.
7. Remove from oven and cut into bars or squares, leaving them in the pan after cutting.
8. Allow bars to cool completely.
9. Remove bars from pan and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container. Makes 15-25 bars, depending on size of bars.
*Recipe and image courtesy of SunButter.*