French Toast with Fresh Berry Salsa
• 10 strawberries, hulled
• 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
• 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
• 2 packets Stevia Extract In The Raw®
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups lowfat (1 %) milk
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 packet Stevia Extract In The Raw®
• Pinch of salt
• 4 slices (1″ thick) challah or egg bread
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Thickly slice strawberries vertically, rotate 90 degrees and slice to make long batons. Place strawberries in mixing bowl. Add blueberries, blackberries, STEVIA IN THE RAW, and cinnamon. Using fork, toss gently to combine, and set Berry Salsa aside.
In a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, whisk eggs until well beaten. Add milk, vanilla, STEVIA IN THE RAW, and salt and whisk to combine. Add bread and soak 10 minutes. Turn slices, and soak 10 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate soaked bread overnight.
Melt butter in large skillet, preferably cast iron. When it stops bubbling, add soaked bread and cook until browned on bottom, 3 minutes. Using wide pancake turner, turn bread and brown on second side, 3 minutes. Divide French toast among 4 plates. Top each with one-fourth Fresh Berry Salsa. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
*Recipe courtesy of Stevia Extract in the Raw.*