Green Apple Salad with Toasted Almonds, Shaved Cheese and Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, torn
- 3 packets Stevia Extract In The Raw
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 firm Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced thick
- 3 ribs celery, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (about 24) whole almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 ounces (about 20 shaved slices) Manchego cheese (may substitute hard Gouda or Parmigiano Reggiano)
In small saucepan combine apple cider and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. Heat to boiling and continue boiling until liquid is reduced to a syrup. Set aside to cool.
In medium bowl toss together apples, celery, almonds and chives. Blend in vinaigrette.
Assemble salad on small plates, stacking the apples mixture and cheese in alternating layers. Drizzle with cider reduction to finish and enjoy.
Makes 4 servings.
*Recipe courtesy of Stevia Extract in the Raw.*