Veggies, veggies, and more veggies! These spicy tacos are made with Harmony Valley Vegetarian Hamburger Mix, and an assortment of fresh vegetables, herbs, and gooey cheese. Trust us, you won’t even miss the meat!
1 package HARMONY VALLEY VEGETARIAN HAMBURGER MIX
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon black pepper, divided
2 cups thinly sliced white onion
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons minced garlic
½ teaspoon ground coriander
8 oz mixed wild mushrooms
1 Poblano pepper, sliced
8 corn tortillas
½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
½ cup fresh salsa
- Prepare HARMONY VALLEY VEGETARIAN HAMBURGER MIX according to package instructions.
- Spoon ½ of the mix onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Pat down to form a square, top with a second sheet of waxed paper and roll to ½ inch thickness, cut into 1 X 2 inch pieces, (makes 24 pieces) sprinkle the pieces with ½ the salt and ½ the ground pepper.
- Repeat with other ½ of mix.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet (preferably non-stick).
- Add ½ of the HARMONY VALLEY VEGETARIAN HAMBURGER MIX to the skillet and cook to brown on each side.
- Remove to plate and repeat with the rest of the pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Add the onion and the next 6 ingredients (oregano, garlic, coriander, mushrooms and Poblano pepper).
- Sauté for 5 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Add the cooked HV pieces to the pan and cook 1 minute.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions or for a char-grilled flavor, cook over an open gas flame or a grill pan. (use tongs to flip).
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the vegetable mix into each tortilla, and serve.
*Recipe and image courtesy of Harmony Valley.*