Peach Pecan Oatmeal Adventure Bars
- 1-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (“Mom” prefers organic)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Fischer & Wieser Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce®
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk (“Mom”prefers Almond Milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Sift together dry ingredients; stir in oats, sugar and cardamom. Cut in butter until crumbly; pat 2/3 of crumbs in 11 in. x 7 in. x 1-1/2 in. pan (lightly). Spread with preserves; sprinkle with chopped pecans. Top with remaining crumbs. Bake in 375° oven 30-35 minutes.
Prepare glaze by mixing confectioner’s sugar, milk, and almond extract until it reaches pouring consistency. Remove baked mixture from oven and allow to cool down slightly. Drizzle with glaze. Cool. Cut into bars.
Makes approximately 2-1/2 dozen.
*Recipe and image courtesy of Fischer & Wieser.*