Raw Pad Thai
• 1 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
• 1/2 cup almond butter
• 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
• 1 tablespoon minced ginger
• 2 tablespoons Nama Shoyu
• 1 teaspoon red miso paste
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 2 teaspoons lime juice
• 2 teaspoons chopped dates, pitted
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 3 cups shredded daikon
• 1 cup shredded kale
• ½ cup julienned red pepper
• ½ cup grated carrot
• 1 scallion, bias cut
• 40 Thai basil leaves
• 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
• Cucumber slices, bias cut
• ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 2/3 cup chopped Teriyaki almonds
• Mesclun mixed greens, for serving (optional)
1. To prepare the sauce, place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth. Taste, and adjust flavors if necessary.
2. Ten minutes or so before serving, dress the noodles: place all of the prepared vegetables front the noodle base into a large bowl and toss with the prepared sauce. If you haven’t already prepared your garnish, do this while the noodles are marinating in the sauce.
3. Fan out three of the bias-cut cucumbers on the edge of each plate, and if using Mesclun, garnish the other side of the plate with the greens. Place the Pad Thaï mixture in the center of each plate, and top with halved cherry tomatoes and chopped teriyaki almonds.
4. Serve immediately!
*Recipe and image courtesy of Valerie Orsoni, of www.LeBootCamp.com.*