The Hot Mom’s Handbook by Jessica Denay is the ultimate resource for moms with insight into everything from avoiding MILP’s (Moms I’d Like to Punch) to Making your Minivan Rock. This savvy (and smokin’ hot!) mom offers 8 budget-friendly tips to help every mom look and feel like a hot mama with the little ones in tow.
8 Budget-Friendly Ways to be a Hot Mom Yourself
1. For newborns, tear baby wipes in half vertically and save for big messes, that’s all you really need for most changes, and the box will last twice as long.
2. Instead of buying a new stroller use Itzy Ritzy covers, for around $100 you can make an old hand me down or used stroller look fresh and unique.
3. There is no reason to buy expensive baby clothes, with daily discount sites like Gilt.com, Hautelook.com and Mamabaragains.com get designer items at up to 70% off.
4. Be smart when you register. Cord Blood Registry just launched a baby registry program so friends and family can chip in to bank your baby’s cord blood (fyi: siblings have an up to 75% chance of being a match so if you didn’t bank your first baby’s cord blood it is even more important to bank your second or third.)
5. When decorating your child’s room, frame art and drawings from siblings or cousins – this adds a personal and playful feel and is easy on your wallet!
6. Start a babysitting co-op with friends, find a currency, say ‘sticks’ – each couple gets 10 sticks, one stick represents one hour of babysitting time. If your friend watches your son so you can go to yoga or to a movie with your hubby, she gets 2 sticks if you are gone two hours, if you run out of sticks the only way to get more sticks is to babysit for someone’s kids in the group. This keeps it fair.
7. For busy moms, it is not always practical to get to the salon regularly, treat yourself to a good haircut at a nice salon for style and shape, then maintain at more affordable walk-in salons. When grey hair starts creeping in, brush a little mascara to cover, this will stretch out your color a week or so. Also if you are in between showers and your hair is feeling greasy, put a little powder on your hands, then rub into your scalp to absorb the grease.
8. Host a ‘Clean Out Your Closet Party’: Invite your most stylish friends. Everyone exchanges clothes – it’s a fun excuse to get together, and everyone winds up with something ‘new’. Then you can donate what’s left to a woman’s shelter. This works for kids’ clothes as also.
About the Author
Jessica Denay is the author of The Hot Moms Handbook, as well as the founder of the Hot Moms Club and Hollywood Hot Moms blog. She works with countless celebrity moms on their baby showers, nurseries, and events. Visit www.hotmomsclub.com.