¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon Asian chile paste
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 ½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ pound fresh mushrooms
12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
1. Whisk together the oil, parsley, hot sauce, minced garlic, ketchup, chile paste, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Set aside about 1/3 of this marinade to use while grilling.
2. Place the shrimp and peppers in a large, resealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining marinade and seal the bag. Refrigerate for two hours.
3. Clean mushrooms by wiping with a dry paper towel.
4. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Thread shrimp, peppers and mushrooms alternately onto skewers and brush with remaining marinade.
5. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook for two to three minutes per side until shrimp is opaque.
*Recipe and image courtesy of registered dietitian, Alicia Brown, who is also the Health & Wellness Marketing Manager at a Texas-based grocery chain called Market Street, subsidiary of United Supermarkets grocers.*