Jay Kordich, “The Father of Juicing,” has been the spokesperson for drinking your veggies for over 60 years. At the age of 88, he’s coming out of retirement to spread the work and discuss tips and tricks for eating healthy and looking your best. He has offered 5 simple tips for incorporating juicing into your everyday lifestyle with ease – there is no better time to do so than the month of September, which is National 5 a Day Month!
5 Ways to Add the Benefits of Juicing into any Lifestyle
1. Instead of reaching for canned soda with lots of sugar and artificial ingredients, juice your favorite fresh fruits and add sparkling mineral water.
2. Upon rising, make a simple juice — like carrot-apple, put it in a tumbler and bring it to work.
3. Fresh juiced nut milks, like almond milks are a great substitute for heavy cream to use in anything that calls for cream.
4. When trying to lose weight, drink a glass of fresh juice before a meal to help you feel satisfied faster.
5. For an energy boost in your day, juice fresh apple-beet-carrot-parsley. It’s delicious, and kids love it!
In addition, Jay Kordich offers his 3 favorite juicing recipes below along with their benefits – which one will you try first?
1. Liver Lover (16 ounces)
1 medium beet with its’ greens
2 golden delicious apples
This tonic is specifically good for detoxing our liver. The pectin of the apple and the cleansing properties of the beet stimulates the peristaltic wave of the intestines, helping the liver to clean itself with this delicious juice combination.
2. Potassium Power (16 ounces)
1 handful Spinach
1 handful Parsley
3 ribs Celery
This tonic is great for nervous tension. The greens relax the nerve endings,and combined with the celery it adds more relaxation elements to this delicious tonic. It is also very helpful to intestines/colon health.
3. The Joint Soother (16 ounces)
1/2 medium sized Grapefruit (remove skin, leave white pith on)
This is Jay’s favorite tonic when joints feel swollen. The bromelain in the pineapple combined with the quinine of the grapefruit makes for a delicious yet powerful joint soother for those of you who have joint swelling and/or pain.
To learn more about Jay Kordich and the benefits of juicing, visit www.jaykordich.com.