Orecchiette with Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 15-oz. can low-sodium diced tomatoes in juice
2 8-oz. cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
4 Dr. Praeger’s Meatless All American Burgers, defrosted, uncooked and finely minced
1. Heat olive oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions and peppers, cook until onions are translucent and peppers have softened, 9 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook one additional minute.
3. Add diced Dr. Praeger’s Meatless All American Burgers, then add chili powder and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
4. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, tomato paste, vinegar, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
5. Divide among 4 plates and serve over pasta.
Serves 4 (1 serving = 1 ¼ cups sauce)
*Recipe and image courtesy of Dr. Praeger’s.*