What delights the taste buds more than fresh tomatoes, basil, extra virgin olive oil, capers, and fresh bread? This salad has them all – beautifully arranged and ready to be enjoyed!
Heirloom Tomato Salad
2 large heirloom tomatoes
4-6 heirloom cherry tomatoes
1 handful basil
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons capers
4 oz burrata cheese or fresh mozzarella
1/4 of a day old baguette
Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Slice large tomatoes into thick slices.
- Slice cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Cut baguette into 1 inch cubes. Toss with olive oil salt and pepper and toast in oven until golden brown.
- Slice burrata into 3 pieces roughly the same size.
- Place basil into food processor or blender with olive oil and process.
- Arrange tomatoes on plate and season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Sprinkle capers and croutons on plate.
- Place cheese on top of tomato.
- Drizzle basil oil around plate and serve!
*Recipe and image courtesy of Chef Kyle Rourke from Kimpton’s Red Star Tavern in Portland, Oregon.*