There’s no easier way to get into the holiday spirit with a craft that involves GLITTER! This sparkly ornament craft is tons of fun and very affordable. Another bonus: It’s very easy to clean up and won’t leave a trail of glitter everywhere. This craft makes for great Christmas gifts and they look awesome on the tree. Kids love it too and it’s a great way to keep them occupied when they’re home from school. Get them away from the TV and video games and into a craft that they’ll enjoy.
Floor wax – make sure it’s clear, Pledge brand with the blue cap bottle
Clear glass ornaments
A paper cone funnel (or substitute an envelope with the corner cut off)
1. Pull the hangers from the ornaments and set aside for later.
2. Squeeze the floor wax into the ornament and swirl it around the ornament until the insides are totally coated.Be careful not to shake it, because the wax will leave bubbles inside.
3. Remove the cap from the bottle of wax, place the ornament over the lid and let the excess wax drip back into the bottle.
4. Use a cotton swab to get rid of any bubbles and wipe the excess wax from the mouth of the ornament.
5. Use the paper cone (or envelope) to funnel glitter into the ornament. Use quite a bit of glitter to cover the entire ornament in sparkles to avoid bald spots!
6. Place a thumb over the mouth of the ornament and shake the glitter all around so it coats the entire ornament. Dump the excess glitter back into the glitter container and reuse it on the next ornament.
7. And that’s it ladies and gentlemen! Put the ornament hook back in and there’s a gorgeous set of very glittery and very holiday appropriate ornaments!
These ornaments make great gifts. Add a bow to the hook to dress it up a little more and get ornament sized boxes for pretty gift wrapping. They make for great personal gifts that are very affordable, but totally glam. Let kids choose their own sparkle combinations and really get into making these their own!
About the Author
As a writer for HandbagHeaven.com, Sarah spends most of her days accessorizing with tote bags and women’s wallets, but outside of her job she spends time crafting, cooking, and shopping! She also enjoys spending time with her husband, family, and precious puppy.