Whole Grain Einkorn Linguine with Roasted Pepper and Almond Pesto
2 large red bell peppers
8 ounces Whole Grain Einkorn Linguine
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup almonds, toasted
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup basil leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Heat a grill or gas burner to high. Char the peppers on all sides, about 10 minutes total, and transfer to a paper bag until cool enough to handle.
3. While peppers are cooling, cook linguine for 11 minutes and drain. Return pasta to the pot off the heat.
4. While pasta is cooking, pulse together garlic, almonds and salt in the bowl of a food processor (or pound them to a paste in a mortar and pestle) until finely chopped. Then add the basil leaves and pulse again.
5. Remove peppers from the bag and peel the skins off. Transfer to a cutting board, cut in half lengthwise, and scrape out seeds and stems. Add peppers to the food processor and pulse until a paste forms. Drizzle in olive oil and lemon juice, and pulse until incorporated. Add cheese and pulse again. Season to taste with additional salt if desired.
6. Serve warm or cool.
7. Serves 4-6
*Recipe and image courtesy of Jovial Foods.*