This vegetarian dish is chock full of goodies, and can be a side dish as well as the main meal.
2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked
½ cup onions, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup turnips, cubed
4 cups vegetable broth
½ tsp. sea salt
2 ea. garlic, minced
1/3 tsp. cumin
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cups quinoa, uncooked
6 cups swiss chard leaves, stemmed
½ tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. NutriFit Lemon Garden Salt Free Spice Blend
1. Drain liquid from beans, rinse thoroughly. Set aside. Rinse quinoa through a colander twice. Set aside.
2. Heat a stockpot over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, garlic, cumin and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
3. Add UNCOOKED quinoa and toast over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until quinoa is browned and fragrant.
4. Add garbanzo beans, salt and stock and cover. Turn off heat and let quinoa hydrate into liquid, about 20 minutes.
5. Add swiss chard leaves, coarsely chopped, and stir until chard is wilted.
*Recipe and image courtesy of Jackie Keller, of NutriFit.*