Blend nutritious almond butter with honey, dried cherries, and Love Crunch, then roll the mixture into balls to create a festive party nibble or wholegrain snack. Nature’s Path recommends you use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Love Crunch Almond Bon Bons
1/2 cup unsalted almond butter (preferably crunchy), at room temperature
1/2 cup pourable (not solid) honey
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cup Nature’s Path Love Crunch – Dark Chocolate & Red Berries, plus more if needed
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, finely chopped
1. Cover a cookie sheet with waxed paper or plastic wrap. Set aside.
2. Place almond butter in bowl of food processor. Pour honey on top and sprinkle on spice. Blend until smooth.
3. Add Love Crunch. Process until mixture begins to form a mass, about 30 seconds. If mixture doesn’t form a mass, add 1 to 2 heaping tablespoons more Love Crunch and process a few seconds longer. Stir in cherries.
4. Spread chopped almonds out on a plate. Place a heaping tablespoon of granola mixture in your palm and roll into a ball. Roll ball in chopped almonds to coat. Proceed with remaining mixture, setting balls about 1/2 inch apart on waxed paper as you go.
5. Refrigerate until chilled, about 40 minutes. If not using immediately, refrigerate in a closed container in layers divided by waxed paper for up to 1 week.
Makes 20 Bon-Bons.
*This recipe was created especially for Nature’s Path® by Lorna Sass, the award-winning cookbook author of Whole Grains, Every Day, Every Way and Whole Grains for Busy People.*