Looking for an easy, flavorful and all-natural way to spice up your next meal? “Mom” was recently introduced to Char Crust®, and wow – what a difference a pinch or two can make when rubbed into fish, poultry or meat! Talk about juicy, succulent and tender! As “Mom”s” husband said, “Move over, Mrs. Dash!”
Char Crust® dry-rub seasonings consist of premium herb blends, spices and other natural ingredients that can be simply rubbed onto the surface of uncooked meat or fish, or sprinkled over raw vegetables then broiled, baked, grilled, pan-seared, roasted, or sautéed. A little truly goes a long way, especially with the Amazin’ Cajun blend!
Char Crust® Dry-Rub Seasonings are available in six delectable blends:
• Roasted Garlic Peppercorn features the robust flavor of roasted garlic and onions with the zing of peppercorns and a hint of Worcestershire and lavender. Its versatility has made it a best seller. It complements steaks, lamb, seafood, pork, poultry, and potatoes.
• Ginger Teriyaki is a balance of sweet teriyaki, fragrant ginger, plus a tingly touch of wasabi that lends a new dimension and creates a modern teriyaki interpretation. It complements chicken, fish, and steak.
• Amazin’ Cajun is a spicy-sweet blend of piquant cayenne pepper, onion, garlic, oregano and a mélange of other Mardi Gras flavors. It brings the sublime heat of New Orleans to catfish, chicken, shrimp, and even “dirty” rice.
• All American Barbecue takes the best flavors of American barbecue and blends them into a tangy-sweet, slightly spicy rub. It has rich molasses from Memphis, tangy tomato from Kansas City, mustard, pepper and vinegar from the Carolinas, plus a wisp of smoke from Texas.
• Original Hickory Grilled offers rich, hickory grilled flavor. This classy companion to your favorite steak is the original used at Al Farber’s legendary steakhouse. A bit smoky-salty-sweet, it enhances the natural flavor without overwhelming. Also delicious on boneless/skinless chicken breasts, tuna steaks, and your favorite vegetables.
• Sun-Dried Tomato & Garlic. Imagine the Italian sun warming your face as you close your eyes and smell the luscious, vibrant aroma of sun-dried tomatoes, roasted garlic, rosemary, and just a hint of lemon. Delicious on mild fish like tilapia, cod, haddock, or shrimp.
“Mom” tried and tested the Amazin’ Cajun on grilled tilapia, and it was fiery in all the right ways! Char Crust® recommends the following recipe for Pan-Seared Tilapia, although “Mom” prefers her tilapia grilled.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: about 20 minutes
Tilapia fillets — about 6 oz per person
Char Crust® Amazin’ Cajun — about 1/2 Tbsp per fillet
A little oil, canola is good
A little butter (optional), at room temperature
Heat a cast iron pan on the stove until very hot. Season one side of the fish with Char Crust® Amazin’ Cajun Dry Rub Seasoning, generously covering the surface. Drizzle a little oil all over the seasonings, using your fingers to rub in and distribute evenly. Seasonings will look moist and darken a bit. Place the fish, seasoned side down, into the pan. It should sizzle immediately, and you may get some smoke. Cook a few minutes until just cooked through. Transfer to plate with seasoned side up and place pat of butter on top.
To learn more about Char Crust®, and to locate a retailer near you, please visit CharCrust.com.
*Company generously provided samples and images for this piece.*