https://secureservercdn.net/18.104.22.168/kv5.e2e.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/logo-sm.png 0 0 Tiny Green Mom https://secureservercdn.net/22.214.171.124/kv5.e2e.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/logo-sm.png Tiny Green Mom2012-04-18 19:14:332012-04-18 19:14:33Eco-Cool Facts for Earth Day
With Earth Day right around the corner, A Lot to Say Inc. has compiled their top facts and tips in honor of Mother Earth. Celebrate your love of the planet by making small adjustments in your daily life to live a cleaner, greener existence!
Eco-Cool Facts for Earth Day
- Love the Planet, lose the plastic. Only 3% of plastic is being recycled. The rest winds up buried in landfills which can take 200-400 years to degrade.
- Fuel your tank with the lowest grade octane allowed and save over 3 billion dollars a year – enough to buy more than 100,000 hybrid cars.
- Peace on Earth has to start with the Earth. If this very minute every one of us changed the way we drive, eat, heat our homes and carry our groceries, we would still only have 7 years to reverse the damage that has been done. Bottom line, if we dont give peace a chance, our planet doesnt have one either.
- Tap into a greener planet by turning off the tap. Every two minutes you save on your shower can conserve more than ten gallons of water.
- Ignite your engine with tires fully inflated and you can save as much as 1.6 gallons of gas per year.
- Hot and getting hotter! Global warming has caused the average temperature in the Earth’s atmosphere to increase by 1 degree Fahrenheit.
- Virgin plastic is what most shampoo and conditioner bottles are made out of. They add over 25% of waste in landfills.
- Nuke your food in a clean microwave and you’ll be up to 4.8 times more energy efficient than using a traditional electric over.
- Flush the toilet and you instantly use 1.6 gallons of water. 40% of all the drinking water supplied to homes is flushed down the toilet.