Salt Lick Barbecue Sirloin
Dry Rub Ingredients
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 pound Laura’s Lean Beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chipotle barbecue sauce
1 sheet (18 x24-inches) Reynolds WrapC Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and cut in thin strips
1. Preheat grill to medium-high indirect heat. For indirect heat, the heat source (coals or gas burner) is on one side of the grill. Place the food on the opposite side with no coals or flame underneath.
2. Combine ingredients for Dry Rub. In a large bowl, combine the rub mixture with the beef strips. Stir in barbecue sauce; set aside.
3. Center onion slices on sheet of foil. Top with pepper strips. Arrange beef mixture over onion and pepper in an even layer.
4. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to form one large foil packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
5. Grill 20 to 25 minutes in covered grill over indirect heat.
Makes 4 servings.
Cooking Tip: To make your own Chipotle Barbecue Sauce, combine 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
*Recipe and image courtesy of Laura’s Lean Beef.*