From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook by Colette Heimowitz
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon dark (toasted) sesame oil
1 small red chile pepper, seeded and minced
½ teaspoon salt
½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 large green or red leaf lettuce leaves
1 medium carrot, julienned
1 small daikon radish, julienned
½ cup mung bean sprouts
¼ cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
1. Combine lime juice, sesame oil, chile, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add shrimp; simmer until pink, about 3 minutes. Drain; add to lime juice mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until cool, about 10 minutes.
3. Set lettuce leaves on a counter with stem ends toward you. Press against the “spines” until you hear a crunch to make it easier to roll.
4. Divide carrot, daikon, and sprouts among leaves, setting them in the centers toward the bottom. Divide shrimp among leaves; sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Roll lettuce from the bottom up.
5. Place each roll, seam side down, on a sheet of plastic wrap; wrap tightly and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Remove wrap; cut rolls in half and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
*Recipe and image from The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook by Colette Heimowitz. Copyright (c) 2011 by Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. Printed by permission of Touchstone Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc.*