Non-Dairy Pumpkin Bread
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups canned solid pack pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 mini loaf pans or 1 9X3 inch loaf pan.
2 Combine first seven ingredients in a medium bowl.
4. Mix pumpkin, oil and nuts in a large bowl.
5. Stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture and mix together. (batter will be thick)
6. Divide batter between pans. ( find that the mini pans bake better than the larger pan)
7. Bake 40 – 45 minutes for the mini pans and 60 minutes for the large loaf pan or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
8. Turn breads out on a cooling rack and cool completely. Wrap tightly and store. Flavors improve with age.
*Recipe courtesy of BNBFinder.com, and image courtesy of Parish House Inn located in Ypsilanti, MI.*