Dannon® Oikos® Greek Nonfat Yogurt Cornbread Muffins
By Richard Blais
½ cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
½ cup yellow cornmeal
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1 large egg
1 ½ cups Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt
10 oz. fresh corn kernels or thawed frozen kernels
Butter, room temperature, for pan
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place rack on the third shelf.
2. Butter 24 mini muffin cups and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
4. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, combine together egg, Dannon Oikos plain Greek nonfat yogurt, vanilla extract and corn. Mix with flour mixture just until incorporated (do not over-mix).
5. Divide evenly and spoon batter into prepared muffin pan
6. Bake until tops have browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean; approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Let stand 5 minutes in pan; place onto a cooling rack. Serve, or cool completely and store at room temperature in an airtight container, up to 2 days.
Yields 24 muffins
*Recipe courtesy of Dannon® Oikos®.*