IMUSA’s Steamed Veggies with Pineapple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
Vegetables like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, and turnips
1 Tbsp. ice water
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks
1/4 cup vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1. Place vegetables inside the IMUSA steamer baskets and bring 2 cups of water to boil in a wok or medium saucepan.
2. To make dipping sauce, in a small bowl or cup add ice water and cornstarch and mix until fully dissolved. Set aside.
3. Remove juice of canned pineapple, about ¾ cup, and place in a small saucepan. Reserve pineapple chunks for other use.
4. Add vinegar, sugar and salt to saucepan and heat on medium high, whisking frequently.
5. Once simmering, drizzle in cornstarch mixture and whisk briskly until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and pour dipping sauce in a bowl.
6. To steam the vegetables, place steamer baskets with veggies on wok or saucepan and steam for 4-5 minutes.
7. Remove immediately and serve with sweet and sour dipping sauce.
*Recipe and image courtesy of IMUSA.*