These delectable truffles are made using Lifeway Kefir, as well as other nutritious ingredients, such as almond butter, toasted almonds and dark chocolate, for a heart-healthy sweet to gift to someone special or enjoy yourself!
Lifeway Foods Truffles
1/3 cup dark chocolate chopped (“Mom” prefers Lily’s Sweets)
1/4 cup Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir
4 Tbs finely ground toasted almonds plus more for rolling
2 Tbs unsalted almond butter
2 Tbs raw agave nectar
1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder plus more for rolling
1 pinch sea salt
1. Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler, then remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a food processor, blend together the kefir, ground almonds, almond butter, agave nectar, cocoa powder and salt. Add the melted chocolate and blend that in, too.
3. Transfer the mixture into a shallow, sealable container and refrigerate until firm (1-2 hours).
4. Prepare your rolling ingredients – roll the truffles in more ground almonds, but you could roll them in cocoa powder, too. Place your rolling ingredients in separate, small bowls.
5. Use a measuring spoon to scoop some truffle mixture – use 1 or 1 & 1/2 tsp to make nice, bite-sized truffles. Gently roll the mixture between your palms to form a ball, then roll in your almonds, cocoa powder, or whatever you’re using.
6. Refrigerate in a single layer in a sealable container, and remove from the fridge for about a half hour prior to serving.
*Recipe and image courtesy of Lifeway Foods.*