Peach Cobbler Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
1 1/2 C flour (“Mom” prefers organic)
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature (“Mom” prefers organic)
3/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C sugar
1/2 C sour cream (“Mom” prefers organic)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 C fresh Georgia peaches, roughly chopped (about 2 medium-sized peaches)
1. With a fork, whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract until blended.
4. Mix in flour mixture.
5. Fold in peaches.
6. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full.
7. Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 ounces unsalted butter, softened (“Mom” prefers organic)
4 ounces cream cheese, softened (“Mom” prefers organic)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
Makes 16 cupcakes.
*Recipe and image courtesy of Pearson Farm, a fifth-generation family-owned business dedicated to growing Georgia Peaches and Georgia Pecans.*