Red, irritated and just downright annoying patches of eczema and and dry skin are a constant struggle for my 5 year old! Of course, it doesn’t help that we live in FL… and like any child, she loves to run and play! After an hour outside, her little face is sweaty… and the red patches flare up in the creases of her elbows and behind her knees. Now that she is older, she tells me when she needs her eczema cream, so we keep many varieties on hand. It’s always amazing to me when we try a new brand that some that claim not to irritate skin, actually sting and bother her, and we have to wash it off quickly!
We were recently sent Theraplex® skincare to try, and we couldn’t have been more pleased with the line! Not only is the Theraplex Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Skin Protectant creamy and easy to apply, it does not contain parabens, fragrances, phthalates, gluten, or sodium laurel sulfate. Plus, the line is made in the USA without animal testing. Most importantly, it does not irritate my little girl’s skin any further!
If you have children who don’t stop moving (and who doesn’t!?), try Theraplex ClearLotion. It is a light, fast penetrating emollient oil spray, and when applied to damp skin, it uniquely wraps around water on the skin’s surface, sealing in moisture and replacing the natural oils that water and soap can strip away.
As the summer weather heats up, it is not unusual for people to experience a dramatic increase in perspiration, often causing sensitive skin to “flare up.” This is especially true for children who have eczema. To help keep your child’s skin “cool in the shade,” the experts who make Theraplex® skincare offer summer tips designed to keep sensitivities in check.
Summer Skincare Tips
· To help keep your child feeling cooler and drier, avoid the sun when it is at its’ strongest (from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m).
· Apply a sunscreen SPF 30 or higher. Many pediatric dermatologists recommend physical sunscreens as they may be less irritating than chemical sunscreens.
· If your child has been in the ocean or pool, rinse chlorine or salt off with a gentle cleanser and immediately apply a moisturizer such as Theraplex ClearLotion. ClearLotion has earned the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance. After towel drying, ClearLotion leaves skin moisturized for hours without greasiness. And, because ClearLotion is a spray, you will be able to apply it to even the wriggliest of children!
· Make sure your child drinks plenty of fluids and stays hydrated.
· For added protection and comfort any time of day or night, try Theraplex Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Skin Protectant with natural colloidal oatmeal. It also has earned the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance. This enriched moisturizing formula helps to relieve dry skin with superior moisturization that lasts for hours. It soothes your child’s dry, sensitive skin without parabens, fragrances, preservatives, or lanolin.
*Company generously provided samples, images, and expert tips for this article. All thoughts on the product line are my own.*