Who knew incorporating cereal into a recipe would create such rich, healthy breakfast muffins! These fluffy muffins featuring Nature’s Path® Crunchy Maple Sunrise Cereal are great for on-the-go, when you want to eat a nutritious breakfast but feel time-crunched. Grab an apple or banana, and you are all set!
Sunrise Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
- 1 box (5 1/2 c.) Nature’s Path Crunchy Maple Sunrise Cereal
- 2/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 2 tbs. tapioca flour
- 2 1/4 tsp. GF baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. plus 2 tbs. low-fat buttermilk (shake well before measuring)
- 2 large eggs or egg replacer
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Set rack in middle and preheat oven to 400F. Line muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Place cereal in bowl of food processor and grind to a medium-fine flour. Add sugar, cornstarch, tapioca flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Process to combine.
- In a 4-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk together oil, buttermilk, and eggs.
- With motor of processor running, pour egg mixture through feed tube into flour and process just until combined.
- Transfer batter to a bowl and stir in cranberries and 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds. Divide batter among 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining pumpkin seeds on top. Round off tops by gently patting with moistened fingers.
- Bake until muffins spring back to a gentle touch and a cake tester inserted into center doesn’t feel sticky, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Immediately transfer muffins from pan to a cooling rack. Eat warm or at room temperature with a few hours, or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
This recipe was created especially for Nature’s Path® by Lorna Sass, the award-winning cookbook author of Whole Grains, Every Day, Every Way and Whole Grains for Busy People.
*Image and recipe provided by Nature’s Path®.*