Diane’s 100% Whole Grain Blueberry Muffins
1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free milk
1/4 cup lowfat sour cream
1/4 cup canola oil 1/4 cup honey
1t vanilla 2 egg whites
3/4 cup oats 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray muffin cups with olive oil spray.
2. Whisk wet ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
3. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl, set aside.
4. Make a well in dry ingredients and add wet ingredients, stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
5. Gently fold in blueberries.
6. Fill muffin cups evenly bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 12 regular or 6 large muffins
*Recipe and image courtesy of Camp Shane.*