1 lb. medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Ginger Dressing (see make-ahead recipe below)
1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and diced
1 papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
1 head butter lettuce, core removed, washed and chopped
1 ripe, fresh Hass avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Place shrimp a medium bowl. Mix with half of the Ginger Dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto pre-soaked wooden skewers.
- Pre-heat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Grill shrimp until cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat. Using a fork or tongs, slide shrimp off of skewers and place shrimp in a bowl covered with foil to keep the shrimp warm.
- In a medium bowl, toss together pineapple, mango and papaya.
- Divide lettuce equally among salad plates and top each plate with even amounts of pineapple mixture, avocado slices and shrimp. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
2 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp. finely chopped ginger
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
2 lemons, zested and juiced
3 Tbsp. canola oil
- Place garlic, ginger, cilantro, lemon zest and juice, and oil in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
Serving suggestion: The grilled shrimp can be served warm or cold with this salad.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 440; Total Fat 19 g (Sat 2 g,
Trans 0 g, Poly 4.5 g, Mono 11 g); Cholesterol 220 mg; Sodium 270 mg; Potassium 1070 mg; Total Carbohydrates 45 g; Dietary Fiber 9 g; Total Sugars
29 g; Protein 27 g; Vitamin A 2461 IU; Vitamin C 122 mg; Calcium 116 mg; Iron
5 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 124 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 1.5 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 200%; Calcium 10%; Iron 30%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
© 2009 Hass Avocado Board