Diane Henderiks’ Strawberry Cheesecake
1 3/4 cup Love Crunch cereal
1/2 cup Smart Bran cereal
1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
1/3C butter; melted
1/2 cup Lifeway Strawberry Greek Yogurt
4 oz. Lifeway Farmers cheese, room temperature
8 ounces low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
2 cups pureed fresh strawberries
1 cup Love Crunch cereal
12 fresh strawberries
fresh mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine cereals and cocoa in blender, process until blended to fine crumbs. Reserve 1/4 cup of crumbs.
- Return reserved 1/4 cup of crumbs to blender and grind to fine powder. Set aside for garnish when cake is completed.
- Make the crust: Combine all ingredients for crust in a large bowl. Press into bottom of 9” springform or cake pan and set aside.
- Make the cake: Combine yogurt, farmer’s cheese and cream cheese in a large bowl. With electric mixer, completely beat in sugar. Beat in vanilla, spices and flour. Stir in pureed strawberries. Pour into pan.
- Bake for about 1½ hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
- Dust entire top of cake with reserved finely ground cereal and sprinkle Love Crunch cereal around the edges.
- Fan sliced strawberries in center of cake and place whole strawberry in the middle. Garnish with whole and sliced strawberries and mint sprigs
*Recipe and image courtesy of Diane Henderiks, R.D., Personal Chef/Culinary Nutritionist and author of Dietitian in the Kitchen? Visit her website at www.dishwithdiane.com.*